. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Get answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Hydrapulse
1. How is the Hydrapulse Smart Pump so much more efficient than standard hydraulic systems?
The Hydrapulse pumps are more efficient than traditional hydraulic systems for 2 main reasons; One being the ability to omit proportional and directional valves which are the main sources of energy lost to heat. The other reason is the power on demand capability. When no flow is needed, no power is being used.
2. What applications are a good fit for the Hydrapulse Smart Pump?
The Hydrapulse is designed from the ground up to be a new approach to traditional hydraulic systems. The Hydrapulse is a great fit for hydraulic applications with power levels ranging from 1.5kW up to 30kW. Larger systems can utilize multiple Hydrapi to reach needed power levels. The Hydrapulse Smart Pump is a great for ancillary hydraulics on existing systems, especially 12v, 24v, and 48v electrical systems. It is also a great hydraulic solution for engine off vehicles such as heavy duty hybrids and zero emission EV heavy equipment.
There are Hydrapulse models for industrial applications as well with power inputs from 208vac-800vac and power output levels from 1.5kW up to 30kW.
3. What are the power requirements of the Hydrapulse?
- Low Voltage Mobile: 12v, 24v, or48v dc for 1.5kW
- High Voltage Mobile: 200v-700v DC for 2.5kW, 10kW, and 30kW sizes
- Industrial: 208v-800v 3 phase AC for 2.5kW, 10kW, and 30kW sizes. NOTE: Requires AC/DC Front End Converter for AC applications.
4. What pumps are specified with the Hydrapulse?
Our Hydrapulse Smart Pumps are available with an integrated gear pump to simplify the integration process. They are also available without a pump side if an integrator has a pump specific to their application they would prefer to source.
- Hydrapulse 1.5kW: SAE type A
- Hydrapulse 2.5kW: SAE type A
- Hydrapulse 10kW: SAE type A
- Hydrapulse 30kW: SAE type B
5. What is the max pressure, flow, and rpm of the Hydrapulse?
|Hydrapulse||Max Pressure||Max Flow||Max RPM|
|1.5kW||4,000 psi||4gpm||4,000 rpm|
|2.5kW||4,000 psi||4gpm||4,000 rpm|
|10kW||4,000 psi||10gpm||4,000 rpm|
|30kW||4,000 psi||30gpm||4,000 rpm|
6. How do I interface with the Hydrapulse?
- Mobile: The Hydrapulse uses J1939 CAN communication protocol. It can utilize a Parker IQAN or similar J1939 based interface.
- Industrial: The Hydrapulse uses EtherCAT communication protocol.
7. What is needed to run the Hydrapulse?
- Power input in specified range for low voltage mobile, high voltage mobile, or industrial applications. An AC/DC Converter is needed for Industrial 3 phase applications
- HMI Control interface using either CAN J1939 for mobile applications or Ethercat for Industrial applications
- Hydraulic a/b pressure lines to hydraulic circuit
- Hydraulic reservoir with Hydrapulse Drive Side mounted internally
8. What is the IP rating of the Hydrapulse?
All Hydrapulse products are IP68 rated for complete dust ingress protection, as well as full submersible operation up to 1 meter.
9. What are the economic benefits of the Hydrapulse compared to traditional hydraulic systems?
The Hydrapulse smart pump product line is a huge step forward in the evolution of hydraulic power units in both efficiency and control. Efficiency levels are increased by 75% compared to traditional hydraulic systems. When factoring in the costs of integrated components in the Hydrapulse, and the omission of valve banks, manifolds, oil coolers, extra hoses/fittings, and limited engineering resources needed to integrate, the cost of the Hydrapulse is less than traditional hydraulic systems. For more info Read our Tech article here.
10. Has the Hydrapulse undergone environmental testing?
The Hydrapulse has been engineered to withstand the most rugged environments and toughest working conditions. This includes selecting durable electronic components, seals, gaskets, and bearings specced for operating in these extremes. We have thoroughly tested the Hydrapulse for mobile and industrial environments including vibration, temp, humidity, high pressure spray down, salt spray, and submersion. We are confident that it will hold up to the harshest conditions without failure.